Any person who has decorated a home will know the importance of a wall clock. It is one of the first things that people think of. Wall clocks are among a select few gadgets that have survived the test of time and have remained largely unchanged at the core, though their designs have changed a lot. While their actual use has seen a steady decline as people look at their smartphones more and more, they are still pretty handy.
There are various types of wall clocks in the world. While there are innumerable designs, they can be divided into a few broad categories:
- Classic: A traditional, simple looking clock with plain numbers, hours and minutes markers and a satisfying ticking sound.
- Modern: A clock that doesn’t have numbers or markers for hours and minutes and comes in various colours.
- Digital: A clock that looks great in a workplace or office; most appropriate for children.
- Silent: The most recent clock, they do not have a ticking sound. Since these clocks are defined by their noiselessness, they can come in all sorts of designs.
- Wooden: A stunning wall clock that looks really classical. Incredibly well-suited for homes.
- Atomic: The most advanced clock, incredibly precise in its timekeeping, and hardly goes wrong.
Tips for Buying a Wall Clock
While there are several wall clocks for everyone to choose from, some wall clocks are more popular than others. For example, the Rolex wall clock is one of the best wall clocks. Based off of premium wristwatch designs, these wall clocks can stylize any home. However, while buying
- The Room Décor: The style and décor of the room you want to put the wall clock in plays a huge role in deciding the design of the same. The clock should either complement or contrast the colour of the room.
- The Functionality of the Room: While we have already discussed how the digital clock is perfect for a place of work or study, you can choose several designs more suited for other reasons. For example, a cutlery or food-based clock for the kitchen, a modern silent clock for your bedroom, etc.
- The Colour Combination: While you may think that this is a part of décor, it is important enough to deserve its own place. While the décor of the room plays a major role in deciding the style of the clock, the colour of the room and also the furniture present help decide the colour of your clock.
- Quality of the Clock: Clocks are present literally everywhere. There are hundreds of thousands of clock-makers around the world, if not more. What differs them from each other is the quality and durability of their clocks. Whether the clock is made of plastic, wood, metal, or even glass, you should make sure that the material used is good. This is because like your home, a good wall clock should last you your lifetime and then some.
- The Perfect Size: This is a very underrated factor while choosing a good wall clock. The size of a wall clock is dependent of various factors. The bigger the room, the bigger the clock, as it makes it easier to find. The size of the furniture and the presence of other elements on the wall also help determine the size of the clock.
All in all, it is not an easy task to choose a Rolex wall clock for your room or home, but it is not rocket science either. With a little bit of homework, and some professional help, you can easily select one wall clock which is perfect for your home among the millions and millions that exist.